Durrus Road Station
A minor station on the Bantry branch of the Cork, Bandon & South Coast Railway. Opened c. 1881, closed 1961. Situated between Aghaville and Bantry, near the junction to the old road to Durrus. Today the station and platform have been demolished, leaving only the station master’s house, and a much renovated (possibly entirely new) goods shed. Some original level crossing gates also remain in situ, but as it appears the house is no longer inhabited, the area is quickly becoming overgrown. Here is the c. 1896 OSI map for the area.