Remains of a viaduct and a weir in the townland of Farrannasheshery
West of Desert Station, the Cork & Bandon railway crossed over the River Bandon, as well as a field prone to flooding, on a long metal viaduct, of which only one abutment and several caissons remain. When the line opened in c. 1866, the bridge was a wooden trestle structure, of which the surviving supports can still be clearly seen when the river is low. A little downstream is a weir which was part of the Farn Mill nearby. It has been breached in several places. The whole arrangement is made clear by the Ordnance Survey map for the area.