Two bridges and a milepost near Waterfall, Co Cork
The first of these three pictures is a former farm road underbridge, with the embankment cut away to the south. The second is the 7 milepost, in a shallow cutting in the townland of Inishkenny. The third is a road underbridge just south of Waterfall station, which carried the railway over a local public road. The two bridges date from c. 1849, the milepost from c. 1912. Though the railway closed in April 1961, this section of track was used by locomotives up until 1965 or even slightly later, for bringing the dismantled parts of the railway back to Cork Albert Quay.