The Baltimore extension (1893): Lackaghane road underbridge and Rathmore river bridge
Two bridges very close together – the first over the main road (completely demolished), the second over a deep river gorge (both abutments remaining). The first photo, taken July 1962, is taken from the road underbridge looking south towards Baltimore. The second is that same view today. The third is the same scene in March 1961. The fourth and fifth show the present state of the two abutments that formed the bridge over the river gorge. The engineering was remarkably heavy for such a late extension to the Cork & Bandon. Here is the map link for the site, on the boundary of the townlands of Lackaghane and Rathmore.