Curry, county Sligo: bridge (1895)
An attractive stone bridge over the Owengarve river near the village of Curry in county Sligo. Built as part of the ‘Burma Road’, opened 1895, closed in the mid-1970s. The track is still intact, and was cleared of weeds in the early 2000s, but is now completely overgrown again. If the Western Rail Corridor had been fully re-opened, this line would have served to connect Galway to Sligo.
The bridge is of four arches – two over the river, one over a race to a disused mill, and one over a local access road to a weir situated immediately to the east. Here is the map link.