Tuam station, county Galway (1860)
Located at the start of the ‘Burma Road’, Tuam station was opened by the Waterford, Limerick and Western Railway in 1860, a company later purchased by the Great Southern & Western Railway. It was formerly an important station on the Limerick to Sligo route, but lost its last services in the 1990s and is today in a derelict state. These photos date from July 2013. Plans to reopen the station, as part of the ‘Western Rail Corridor’, have been put on hold since the 2008 recession. Here is the map link.